Hi Compass guys,
I have a number of suggestions for the Easy Pilot software development.
1) Please remove the backlight settings for this build, accessing them and changing them makes the screen unreadable and the device then has to be reset / power cycled.
2) Please implement a trail / lift indicator mode which works on the Easy Pilot screen. Either allow a greyscale to be selected to indicate lift strength, or provide the option to use line thickness.
3) Please can you add a 'speed to start cylinder' parameter. This should show the speed the pilot needs to fly to reach the nearest start cylinder point during the pre-start phase. This is by far the simplest pre-start indicator number and allows pilots to make sensible decisions about when to leave, best glide considering lift/sink/headwind etc.
An option to view competition tasks with greyscale terrain would be useful too if possible.
I will second request one and 2.
"1) Please remove the backlight settings for this build, accessing them and changing them makes the screen unreadable and the device then has to be reset / power cycled."
you actually don't need to reset the device, if you can remember where to push to change it back to Auto, thats what I had to do, amazed I got it.
It does make the contrast go to zero though, a simple "Auto" "+" and "-" button would be good, or get rid of it altogether.
2. Isn't this done? Looking at the home page shows thermal assist.
I would add a few features I would like to see on the EasyPilot 2 and 2c.
1. Would be nice if the Easy Pilot had a bit brighter screen, E-Ink would be great.
2. Grayscale topo would be nice, and worth some extra price as long as it didn't slow the Easy Pilot down.
3. Better/tighter stronger case, doesn't feel strong on the sides.
7. Built in Pitot tube port. (so add all the sensors from C-Probe to Easy Pilot itself. Same with Evo.
As is a really great instrument
Thank you for these suggestions, very appreciated.
An Easy Pilot with a full color screen is quite ready: its name is XC Pilot and some devices are already in use since one year on the cockpit of some selected pilots for evaluating and debug purposes.
Take look at the devices of Aaron Durogati and Christian Mayer at the next X-Alps....:)
Also Seiko Fukuoka is flying with the new baby that, on our opinion, will be the greatest device for the XC pilots around the world.
This picture is not a rendering.......
The XC Pilot looks great, looking forward to its release.
Any further news on the release of the latest firmware for the EasyPilot?
yes, in few days, we are working to done some details